Why is laughing so important?
When we were kids, we used to laugh so much more than we do as adults. Why? It’s a pity we take life too serious sometimes. While by seeking out more opportunities for humor and laughter, you can improve your physical health, mental health and social life. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Benefits of laughter:
Physical Health Benefits
- Boost immunity
- Lower stress hormones
- Decreases pain
- Relaxes your muscles, burn calories
- Prevent heart disease
Mental Health Benefits
- Adds joy to life
- Eases anxiety and tension
- Relieves stress
- Improves mood and mental function
- Improves self-esteem
- Help overcome anger
- Strengthens relationship
- Attracts others, reduce loneliness
- Enhances teamwork
- Help defuse conflict
- Promotes group bonding
What are you waiting for? Start laughing! Here some tips what you can do in your daily life to increase your laughter:
- Smile when you wake up. Make this a habit. Wake up positive. You can make a sign on the side of your bed to remind you to laugh first before you get up.
- Make a sign on your bathroom mirror and laugh again.
- Share funny moments even if they are embarrassing with friends.
- Let go of defensiveness. Laughter helps you forget resentments, judgments, criticism, and doubts.
- Spend time with fun, playful people. Host a game night with your friends.
- Make time for fun activities.
- Create funny moments.
- Stay positive the whole day. Just do it!
Don’t go a day without laughing. Inspire others to do the same. Find greater happiness and add years to your life.