Last time we talked about the benefits of resistance training. It is great to lift some dumbbells, but to get the most out of resistance training you need to mix things up. Try to introduce the rubber elastics into your daily fitness routine.
Why is it so good?
- Whole body exercises
- Excellent for traveling
- Adaptable for multiple fitness levels
- Used with familiar exercises
- It is very cost effective
- Save on storage space
- Easy to use alone
- Can be combined with other equipment
Resistance bands are super simple, but they’re also very effective at working your muscles. They can help you boost stamina, flexibility, range of motion and a lot more.
Our favorite resistance band exercises
– Sliding Plie Squat Pull
Targeting; inner thighs, hips, butt, back and arms in just one exercise.
- Stand tall with your legs wide apart and your toes slightly turned out.
- Hold the elastic tight above your head.
- Do a plié squat and stretch the band wide as you pull it down in front of your chest.
- Stand back up as you reach the band overhead and return to the starting position.
- Do 10 reps 3 rounds.
– Triceps Press
Targeting; triceps, abs and upper back
- Sit tall with your knees slightly bent and the band looped around your feet.
- Focus on using your back muscles to bend your elbows in by your sides, holding the band with palms facing down.
- Brace your abs in tight, lean your upper body forward, and extend both arms behind your body.
- Do 20 reps 3 rounds.