In our organism is a big colony of bacteria (100 trillion microorganisms) is located in the intestine. This ecosystem is essential for the efficient absorption of nutrients and for maintaining a general state of health.
The bacteria are responsible for absorbing all kinds of vitamins, minerals, nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats) and the water we consume. They ensure that the nutrients are transmitted correctly to our blood, organs, muscles and bones.
Also the immune system, our energy level and digestion depend on them and are important for treatment of many healthy conditions and diseases. They are essential for treating a simple cold (to recover the immune system), as well as chronic diseases.
Emotions also play a very important role in maintaining the intestinal flora and immune system in balance. Emotions can affect the numbre of bacteria in the intestine, which then affects the immune system.
How to maintain a large and healthy intestinal flora?
- Eat foods high in fiber (fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes)
- Consume raw foods (fruits and vegetables) every day! They have their own digestive enzymes, active enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals
- Take enough water daily (2-3 Lt)
- Eat PROBIOTIC foods (sprouts, chukrut, kimchi, coconut yogurt, kefir, kombucha)
- Avoid fried foods, processed sugars and excess caffeine
- Do physical activities
- Stress management
- Meditation, moment of silence or breathing exercise
Next week we have a special menu to strengthen the colony and its bacteria as well as the immune system. Most of the foods in our menu will help you achieving a proper digestion and absorption.