Did you know that ….
licorice root has been used for several treatments in the medical history? It is an important herbal remedy in traditional Western medicine as well as in the Indian Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Why drink licorice tea?
- Can relieve constipation (mild laxative)
- It has anti- inflammatory properties that may alleviate the pain of arthritis or other inflammatory diseases
- Studies have found that licorice helps the liver neutralize toxins and can support treating liver disorders
- It is recommended as a treatment for depression
- Studies have shown that licorice can ease pre-menstrual tension (PMS)
- Licorice tea is applied to treat blood pressure
Because of all these health benefits, we incorporate this health booster in our upcoming Fit&Slim menu. You can order your menu online.
The Romans legions used licorice to improve their stamina and endurance. Furthermore, they used it because its water retention properties helped them survive longer without water. In the Ayurvedic medicine, licorice is used in combination with cardamom and/or ginger. They mix a tonic to treat different health issues. In combination with milk, it is believed to be a sexual tonic.
For the TCM licorice is considered as a first class medicine because it helps to preserve life. True licorice root teas contain a bioactive compound called glycyrrhizin, which has a strong effect on the human body. So the recommended intake per day is not more than 1 – 2 cups.