Charlie Chaplin once said: “ A day without laughter is a day wasted” and he was so right. With a smile on your face you feel way better and sharing a good laugh with someone else creates a positive bond. Did you know that laughing is not only good for your mental health but also causes physiological responses? When we laugh it exercises the muscles throughout our face and body, gets the blood flowing, our pulse and blood pressure go up and oxygen gets sent to our tissues.
This process boosts our immune system and lowers our stress hormones and on top of that, it also prevents us from having heart diseases.
Are you not in the mood for laughing? There are many ways to get laughter and joy into your life. Here are our favourite ones:
- Get a pet: Animals do something funny at least once a day and this will boost your happiness level:
- Watch funny videos: Watch either an amusing movie or if you don’t have time just watch funny animal videos on YouTube.
- Think about funny stories from the past
- Surround yourself with funny people
- Go to a “laughter yoga” class
Never forget, don’t take life not too seriously and just laugh in any possible situation. Laughter is the fireworks of the soul.