KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLEAN!
A healthy mouth means a healthy body. A look inside can tell your doctor volumes about what’s going on in your body. Over time, your teeth build up plaque and bacteria that cause irritation to the gums.
These plaques can cause infection in your gums and the bones that support your teeth. This is called periodontal disease. Having periodontal disease can cause other problems in your body. You have greater chance of having a stroke, heart problems, or a heart attack. You are more likely to have trouble controlling your blood sugar in you have diabetes and periodontal disease. The good news is that you can easily keep your mouth free of disease by following the steps below:
- Oil pulling, an age-old remedy rooted in Ayurvedic medicine that uses natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It is one of the best ways to remove bacteria and promote healthy teeth and gums.
- Make sure to oil pull first thing when waking, before eating or drinking anything
- Swish about 1-2 table spoon of coconut oil for about 10-20 minutes. Use this time to meditate
- Spit out the oil (not in the sink!) and rinse. For an extra clean mouth, try rinsing with salt water
- Brush your teeth as normal
- Repeat 3-5 times per week
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Use toothpaste with uoride. • Brush with a so -bristle toothbrush so your gums are less irritated. • Change your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Floss at least once a day. is keeps plaque and bacteria from building up on your teeth.
- Use warm salt-water rinses if your gums hurt. Mix 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Swish the liquid in your mouth for 1 or 2 minutes, then spit it out.
- Have your teeth cleaned and checked by a dental health professional at least once a year. is gets rid of the plaque and bacteria that can build up on your teeth and cause disease.
- Stop smoking and drink little or no alcohol. Both of these habits increase the chance that you will have disease of your mouth and increase your chance of having other major health problems.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Avoid drinking sodas and eating too many sweets.