How to do facial toning without surgery or cosmetics
Most of you usually train the arms, legs and abs, but there are over 50 different muscles in your face and neck and they get forgotten easily! By regularly exercising your facial muscles, you can ensure that they remain firm, which will support your skin and prevent sagging. Increasing blood flow and circulation through these muscles will also lead to fewer lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone, less tension, and a firmer jaw line.
Your facial muscles play a key role in the contouring and shaping your face and this is how facial exercises can help you maintain a more youthful look as you age.
Implement these exercises in your daily routine:
- Raise your eyebrows as high as you can and hold them for five seconds.
- Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold for a few seconds.
- Using your three center fingers, press down on your cheeks and smile as hard as you can to raise your cheek muscles against your fingers.
- Move your nose as much as you can from side to side.
- Lift your eyebrows as high as you can, open your eyes as wide as possible and frown at the same time.
- Put your lips out as far as possible into the shape f an ‘O’. Then change your expression into a wide smile. Repeat several times.
- Sit in a comfortable chair and look up at the ceiling. Pucker your lips and stick your tongue out as far as possible to exercise your neck muscles.
Check here for some more exercises including videos!