This is something that is so simple and quick to do but has a bunch of health benefits. Only 5 minutes a day and it helps cleanse your body inside and out! Your skin is the largest organ in the human body and it is an organ of elimination. One third of your body’s toxins are excreted through the skin and dry brushing helps to unclog pores and excrete toxins that become trapped in the skin. The benefits of dry skin brushing:
- Exfoliate dead skin.
- Stimulates your lymphatic system.
- Helps reduce cellulite.
How to get started?
- Purchase a natural brush with a long handle so it can reach all areas of your body. You can even just use a towel.
- Undress and stand in the shower or another surface that can catch the falling skin. Don’t be grossed out its just your skin : )
- Start brushing your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart.
- Brush all the areas several times, overlapping as you go.
- Take care as you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower. Alternate between water temperatures. This stimulates blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.
- After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply a natural oil like our toning oil or coconut oil.
Continue to dry brush your entire body every day. Twice a day is recommended for best results. Remember to clean your brush with soap and water once a week. Leave to dry in a clean, sunny spot to avoid any mildew accumulation on your brush.
Try this for 30 days and see the results for yourself! Start today!