Nowadays our life is dominated by speed. We can get everything faster. From fast processed food to new technologies everything seems to speed up our life, but this can lead to an imbalance in nature and our bodies and this is often seen in a form of a toxic overload.
Toxins can store in your cells, soft tissues, and muscles and affect your whole immune system. This imbalance in our bodies shows up in different forms like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, Alzheimer’s, autism, chronic fatigue, allergies, candida and infertility.
Nutrients are absorbed by the tiny hair alike villi along the walls of our intestines. We have over 2km of surface area in the small intestine. Further on if these tiny villi get clogged, you won’t feel nourished, no matter how much you eat.
Here are a few examples of these clogging foods:
- Processed foods that contain chemicals or additives
- Refined sugar
- Too much dairy products
- Excessive animal products (choose organic )
- Fish overload (choose wild caught, not farmed raised)
- White flour- based foods
Other things which also causes toxins:
- Polluted air
- Drugs and tobacco
- Household and personal care products
- Radiations from electronic devices (cell phone, computer, TV)
- Stress and negative emotions
How can you eliminate them?
- Drink a lot of water, this helps your body eliminating toxins through your sweat and urine. (extra tip: hot water with fresh squeezed lemon)
- Eliminate sugar and artificial sweeteners from your diet
- Avoid processed foods packed in plastic boxes (they often contain artificial flavorings, sugar and fat)
- Incorporate herbs and spices (ginger, cloves, cinnamon help your body purge toxins). Basil, parsley, mint, arugula are loaded with astringent properties and have antiseptic qualities that help clean out your blood.
- Switch to organic, natural and environmental personal care and household products
- Learn effective ways to cope with stress! (Equally, whether you go running, do yoga, or drawings)
- Do a detox every now and then
However, while everything has gotten faster, one thing hasn’t changed, nature and our bodies always need balance.