With this 5 exercises, you will reach most of your muscles. Mainly performing bodyweight exercises is a simple and effective way to improve strength, muscular definition and flexibility. Here I show you how easy it is to exercise at home using any kind of equipment.
Whether it is in your hotel room, on the beach, a playground, at home or anywhere else you can think of, you can use bodyweight exercises and tools you have around you. Like a coconut, a ball, a bottle (fill with sand) or a bag (will with stones haha).
I love the coconut workout because you can find weights between 2-5kg. On Sundays you can see me doing a 20min strong workout holding the coconut and suffer, sweat and smile : ).
How to start?
- Warm up: 2min fast walk/run on place/stairs running/jumping jacks/skip rope
- Begin: perform the exercises 1 – 5 as a circuit. Each exercise 1min. Repeat the circuit 3 or 5 or 7 times (depending on your fitness) every 2nd day.
- Cool down: 2min sprint/jumping squats/box kicks/stairs running/ jumping jacks + stretch
When you do the exercises, try to be present. Always think about your breathing, as the best you breath the most you will get out of the exercise. Also think about your posture and always support your midsection and back by keeping your core tight.
Dumbell Squat + Front Shoulder Press
- Begin in standing position with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Palms are facing each other and the elbows pointed forward.
- Flex the knees and hips to lower your body to a squat.
- After fully rising to standing position, press the weights overhead by extending the elbows and flexing at the shoulders.
- Get in high plank position. Both hands shoulder width apart below your shoulder, legs straight and close behind you, feet resting on their balls.
- Keep your right foot on the floor but bending your right and bring it towards your chest. Repeat with the opposite leg.
- Beginner: both hands placed underneath your shoulder on the floor.
- The pistol squat takes a great deal of balance, coordination, flexibility, and strength.
- It’s for that reason that it is one of the most impressive bodyweight exercises in existence.
- To give it a shot (haha), hold one leg out in front of you from a standing position and squat down while keeping your weight on your back foot.
- Beginner: holding a chair with one hand.
Static Lunge with Triceps Extension
- Stand with your upper arms close to your head with elbows in and perpendicular to the floor, lower the resistance in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps and take a long stride forward.
- Your feet will stay in this position throughout the exercise. Slowly lower your body until the knee of your opposite leg is close to the floor, in same time lift your lower arms.
- Push back up into the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
Assisted One Arm Push Up
- Get into a standard push-up position, but place one arm on stable, raised surface.
- Relying on the arm on the ground as much as possible, lower yourself down to the ground and push back up.
- This is a great way of training for the one-arm-push-up.
- Beginner: knees on the floor.