Benefits of Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga, a less popular style of yoga in the west is an approach that some may have never even heard of.
The postures are more passive postures, mainly on the floor and the majority of postures equal only about three dozen or so, much less than the more popular yang like practices. Yin Yoga is unique in that you are asked to relax in the posture, soften the muscle and move closer to the bone. It is a more meditative approach with a physical focus much deeper than Yang like practices.
It is a is a wonderful way to maintain that flexibility, something that for many don’t seem to be too concerned about until they notice it is gone. This intimate practice of yoga requires students to be ready to get intimate with the self, with feelings, sensations, and emotions.
Benefits of Yin Yoga are:
- Calming and balancing to the mind and body
- Regulates energy in the body
- Increases mobility in the body, especially the joints and hips
- Lowering of stress levels
- Greater stamina
- Better lubrication and protection of joints
- More flexibility in joints & connective tissue
- Release of fascia throughout the body
- Help with TMJ and migraines
- Deeper Relaxation
- Promotes meditation
- Complements and enhances a yang practice
- Ultimately, leads to a more well-rounded practice
- Offers much deeper access throughout the body by gently stressing the deeper connective tissues (rather than superficial tissues focused on in a yang style practice)
- Often effective in dealing with eating disorders, addictions, and trauma
- Enhances stillness of the mind and body
Join or Yin Yoga class with Ditte every Friday at 6:30pm @ Motion Fitness in Bali