Hunger is controlled by your diet, appetite hormones, emotional factors, dehydration, high carbohydrate consumption, clutter at meal times and stress. It is a physiological necessity, but as mentioned above can be caused by several by different factors.
Realizing why you are hungry is a very important point which hast to be observed.
The central nervous system receives information of the energy state that the organism is in and consequently sends signals to the various organs and peripheral systems to achieve an optimum energy balance.
Main factors for hunger:
- Lack of sleep or rest
- High consumption of simple carbohydrates (sweets, cookies, white flour, starch)
- Lack of nutrients (proteins, vitamins and minerals)
- Emotions (depression)
- Excessive drinking of alcohol
- Eating very fast
- Hormonal problems (hyperthyroidism)
- You don’t have meal times or you skip meals: this is the main reason because when you skip meals the metabolism is irregular and this confuses the body (hypothalamus, regulator appetite).
If you are one of these persons who is always hunger, you can mostly control it with changing a few habits. You will feel the difference.